Specifically built for education and certified by the UK Safer Internet Centre, this service has all you will need in a web filtering solution - creating a safe learning environment for your school.
Web filtering is a statutory requirement in schools and it can be a difficult balancing act to keep children safe by restricting their access to harmful and inappropriate material whilst also giving your school the ability to use the Internet as an open learning space.
Our Web Filtering Service has been specifically built for education and is certified by the UK Safer Internet Centre; it has all you will need in a web filtering solution.
Our service enables your staff and students to use the Internet in the normal way whilst ensuring they are protected against inappropriate or disrupting content such as Internet pornography, online malware and cyber bullying.
Frequently asked questions about Web Filtering
What if I need a website to be unblocked or blocked quickly?
If you take our managed option your request to block or unblock a website will be evaluated from an E-Safety perspective and, if appropriate, the necessary changes will be made quickly.
What if we choose the unmanaged solution?
For unmanaged sites your onsite support team can permanently unblock websites that are requested from your personalised block page and delegated teachers can temporarily override the standard blocked sites for students.
What if an IT savvy student attempts to bypass the filter?
Web filter detects and blocks attempts by users to bypass security through the use of anonymous proxy servers.
Can you identify the sites accessed by a particular user or group?
You can quickly identify users or devices that have violated your acceptable use policies and can schedule regular usage reports.
- Managed or unmanaged solutions to suit any school size.
- Individual and group activity.
- Powerful reporting that can be customised, automated and delivered by email.
- Strict controls over access to social networking sites.
- Mobile filtering compatible with all devices including Google Chrome and Apple devices.
- Flexible policies allowing you to accommodate different groups while maintaining compliance and safety.
- Giving authorised staff the option to override standard block options for students.
- Bandwidth control options to ensure that access to critical sites and resources are maintained.
- Assurance that a skilled team is available to work with you to handle website block and unblock requests and investigate any reported sites that may present E-Safety issues.