The ICT Service supports the Schoolcomms product – aschool payment and communication solution
Electronic communications are increasingly important in people’s lives. Keeping in touch with parents and others is extremely important for all schools. Parents increasingly expect to use online systems to pay for goods and services and to send and receive information about their child and schools have to respond to this.
Schoolcomms (www.schoolcomms.com) is a school payment and communication solution. Designed for schools and integrated with SIMS, Schoolcomms provides fast and reliable online payments, email and text messaging – offering low cost, real-time engagement with parents and carers, teachers, students and governors.
- Improves home-school contact and increases parental engagement.
- Saves time when collecting money and following-up first day/unexplained absence.
- Saves money when sending information and newsletters.
Schoolcomms is used from within the SIMS student screens and includes:
- secure online parent payments (integrated with cashless catering systems and SIMS Dinner Money)
- absence messaging – for first day absence, and regular follow-up
- automatic write-back to SIMS for absence marks and parent comments
- access from home or school
- contact solution for emergencies (e.g. school closure due to snow)
- reminders (e.g. important events, parent’s evening, behaviour incidents, praise, etc.)
The ICT Service provides Helpline support on all aspects of the use of Schoolcomms. Our trainers are also approved to train the system.
How Our Service Works
The ICT Service will:
- provide service desk (Helpline) support on all aspects of the use of Schoolcomms‘, which together with our other support services make us a one-stop-shop’ ICT support service for schools. Calls are handled in accordance with our normal procedures and targets for resolution
- provide Schoolcomms training courses to schools
- provide an ‘implementation service’ to new Schoolcomms users
- log development/change requests with Schoolcomms on behalf of customers where these need to be escalated to the company.
Where? All schools in Cambridgeshire. Training for use of the Schoolcomms product in your school is available on request.