24/7 Remote monitoring of your school servers, proactively identifying and troubleshooting issues to avoid catastrophic server failure.
Our sophisticated monitoring system operates 24/7 and alerts us to any actual or imminent hardware failures and, in most cases, we are able to resolve issues before you are even aware of the problem.
Ensures servers and end user devices automatically receive the latest security updates from Microsoft, protecting the school from hacking and virus vulnerabilities.
Includes a daily check of your back up files, verifying that the back up system is working properly, so if the worst does happen, your files and data can be successfully recovered.
In the event of complete server failure, we will loan you an interim (hot swap) server to get you back up and running until a permanent solution can be implemented.
Servers can fail for a range of reasons and at any time. This service mitigates against the risk of server failure which can paralyse schools for days and prove costly to resolve. Schools view this as an invaluable ‘insurance policy’ that minimises the risk of server downtime.
When a server fails it can quickly impact the whole school, you might not be able to access:
- Files stored on the server
- Management Information systems
- Central Hosting
- Office systems including Finance / FMS
- Attendance systems, meaning registers will need to be taken manually.
Common causes of server downtime:
- Hardware failure – hard drives, memory, motherboards, processors, cooling systems
- Failed software upgrades/updates
- Power supply issues
- Hackers/virus attacks
- Physical damage caused by overheating, flooding or fire
- Old age! Sadly, the older a server gets, the more likely parts will begin to fail.