An effortless automated alternative to carrying out daily local backups
Our Cloud Backup Service automatically makes a copy of your school’s server every weekday evening and saves it to a secure UK based Data Centre via the Internet.
Completely remove the need for school staff to carry out daily local backups using data cartridges or other local solutions.
Schools only pay for the actual amount of backup space required and each daily backup can be retained for up to 120 working days.
Your data is stored safely as our Cloud Backup uses military-grade encryption and the UK based Data Centre ensures 24/7 security, utilising the latest disaster recovery technologies.
In addition to backing up your local servers, our Cloud Backup service can also backup files stored in cloud systems such as Office 365 and Google G-Suite.
Advice for schools choosing to continue with local backups:
- Carry out backups on a daily basis in order to minimise lost data between backups.
- Have a plan to ensure daily backups continue to happen in the event of staff illness or annual leave.
- Keep at least one backup cartridge securely stored offsite so that your data can be restored in the event of a major disaster such as fire or flood.
- Remember that local backups are not encrypted so you need to transport and store them securely.
- We recommend you take our File Server Support service as this includes a daily check of your backup files, to verify that the backup system is working properly. If the worst does happen, your files and data can be successfully recovered.