Computing Subject Leader Hub
Here you’ll find a range of whole-school resources to support Primary Computing Subject Leaders in planning for coverage, breadth and progression in primary computing.
These materials are different to a scheme of work. They are designed to provide a framework for you to develop your own school curriculum for computing using exisiting uint of work or the wide range of free materials available online.
They can be used:
- As a starting point for mapping out your school’s computing curriculum
- Flexibly with any scheme of work or existing planning you already have in place
- As a framework for simply assessing progress in computing
- To ensure pupils are developing their computing capability, not just basic computing skills
How to use these materials
- Look at how the 4 Cambridgeshire themes are matched to the National Curriculum for Computing program of study.
- Read the capability statements to see how progression is gradually built throughout all age ranges. These are licensed under Creative Commons licensing so feel free to adapt them as needed for your school.
- Look at the 4 theme overviews to find out more about what is involved in each theme and think about how these currently fit into your school’s approach.
- Explore the bank of freely available resources we have linked to for each theme and review any units of work you already have in your school.
- Download the Y1 – Y6 planning overview documents to start creating your whole school curriculum map (or guide class teachers to individual year group templates via the Class Teacher Hub.
- Use the assessment overviews to track which pupils are meeting the end of year or end of phase expectations indicated in the progression statements.